Saturday 16 December 2006

The "Experiment"

My acnelamp arrived a few days ago. It's the single head 660nm model.

I intend this to be my daily(?) log on the results of RLT (red light therapy).

What I hope to treat with the therapy:
- severely dry skin
- rough skin tone, large pores in certain areas
- acne (the regular type)
- premature wrinkles (I'm 20, they are definitely premature)
- severe flushing due to rosacea - mostly in recess for last ~6 months, but hopefully RLT will prevent a return

All the above problems (except the acne, and flushing) are caused by an adverse reaction to an IPL (intense pulsed light) treatment I had over 1 year ago.

For this "experiment" (I use the term loosely) to be controlled I will treat the right side of my face only. I've started at 15 min once a day placing the light ~4" away from the face.

Results so far (since 13 Dec 2006)

The treatment itself does cause a subtle calming effect to the target area (caused by muscle relaxation, or desensitization of nerves perhaps?). This is perceptible during and a few minutes post treatment.

No perceptible changes to my actual symptoms after three days of use. Early days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let us know how it is going? I am getting my RLT soon :)